httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [Patch 2.0] Win32 Build Structure
Date Tue, 21 Mar 2000 14:33:59 GMT
> From: Bill Stoddard [mailto:stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com]
> Reviewing the now.

Thanks for cleaning out the cestpool of win32 mak files,
cleaning out pch's from apache/apachecore.  That's -6MB
wasted.  Attached is the only other brainless issue, forcing
installdll to build and cleaning out the rest of the mak/pch
files (excluding the /src/support I mentioned above).

I've no problems with the #SUBTRACT CCP approach instead.  So
attached is a clean patch of nothing but these /YX updates
(apache-2.0-yh.diffs) to most of the build tree, excluding
most of support and installdll.  This will free up many,
many more MB of .pch wastebaskets.

And while it is premature to actually distribute as binary,
I've attached the fix to assure installdll builds at the
attachment apache-2.0-install.diffs

This should have been a few seperate pieces, obviously.
I need to go back to logresolve/htpasswd/htdigest, since
now they won't so much as build for me (overwrote my own
work from cvs last night).  A support patch will follow
later (in time for alpha candidate II, I hope).

Please consider the attached apache-2.0-yh.diffs, and the
apache-2.0-install.diffs.

Again, thanks for the updates

Bill

> From: William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@lnd.com>
> > apache-2.0.diffs address all of the following from the weekend:
> >
> > 1) makefile.nt builds within 95/98/NT
done

> > 2) removes all precompiled header flags
apache/apachecore committed, seperate /YH patch attached

> > 3) builds logresolve, htpasswd, htdigest
seperate support patch to follow

> > 4) fixed dirty build of htpasswd to deposit it's results
> >    into Debug - Release directories.
seperate support patch to follow

> > 5) deposits copy of aprlib.dll to @@ServerRoot@@/bin for
> >    htpasswd and htdigest.
good question, maybe not

> > 6) CHANGES for this and the COMSPEC resolution
done

> > Post cvs update steps...
> >
> > 1) Add attached logresolve dsp/mak files
> >    into apache-2.0/src/support
seperate support patch to follow

> > 2) Rename makefile.nt to makefile.win
done

> > 3) Kill makefile_win32.txt and makefile_win32_debug.txt
done (hooray!)

> > Todo:
> >
> > 1) Don't try aprlib.dll on installdll unless we want
> >    the headache - either strip ap_snprintf requirements,
> >    plan on linking in aprlib.dll to installdll (yuck),
> >    or tightly bind to the c code (not pleasent either).
the answer is... tightly bound (recompiled/linked in)
seperate install patch attached

> > 2) Test logresolve.exe (builds - echos - not sure it
> >    actually resolves anything.  But it doesn't hurt
> >    anything either).
nothing to test, support patch to follow

> > 3) Review aprlib.dll location for 'best practices'.
that depends on step 5 above