httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: [Patch 2.0] Win32 Build Structure
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2000 22:44:15 GMT
Depends on what q. you are asking....

If you are asking how to create your vanilla http.conf, save
httpd.conf-dist-win as httpd.conf and replace @@ServerRoot@@
with the server root path.

If you are asking how do we start building the install binaries,
I'd suggest we hack it one of the three ways I mentioned, just
pick your poison.  But... if we are asking to bundle the alpha
to end user-testers as binaries, I'd ask if we are even ready
for that yet.  It won't run on 95 (kernel32 GetFileAttributesExA
is missing, of course) without a rewrite using FindFirstFile,
and until the final touches are put on the apr, I'd suggest we
are way ahead of the curve.

I know my personal list of things I want to see working needs
no help yet from the bugdb.  Since you are keenly interested,
though, I've attached the files for os/win32/installer/installdll
and will post up the diffs in the next go around.  Before anyone
thinks of committing these though - Brian, give them a whack.

Bill