httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Compilation on Windows
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2000 19:42:38 GMT
Brian,

  You are using DevStudio?  You want to be sure to launch VCVARS32.BAT from
the VC/bin directory.  It sounds like the build environment is not
configured right - and nothing in the apache project fixes the compiler's
config (neither on NT nor Unix).  Also, if you have the platform SDK - be
sure it is set afterwards.  I launch Platform SDK\setenv.bat right out of
the vcvars32.bat as it finishes.

  Oh, you are compiling with something like...

nmake -f makefile.nt instdir=c:\apache installd

or simply (build only - release binaries)

nmake -f makefile.nt

Good luck...

Bill