httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Config API / RE: Whacking access.conf, srm.conf, Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2000 19:53:35 GMT

No... I'm thinking of a parsed scenario where the comments to the Xyz tag in
the <Abc /foobar/> sub block are carried along... so the admin who is
browsing their config in the mod_xml_info can follow the structure, and the
entire config can be reconstitued from the dynamic environment.  For
example, a dynamic tag of

ServerName port-15.who.what.where.com

that comes from a mod_negotiate_dhcp could be tagged with a comment

# This port lease expires 3/15/00 12:00am

That sort of thing.  Of course, the other critical aspect is tagging to the
source file.  I'm picturing a config file array with the tags from each file
having a backlink pointer to the source file they came from.  The first tag,
of course, would be "httpd.conf", and the NULL tag would be pure dynamic.