httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Replacement of WARNING.NT proposed - side thread
Date Sun, 05 Mar 2000 21:25:38 GMT
If what James and I propose is a windows-read-me.txt - then I agree with
Ryan's proposal, provided we change the name to WARNING-WIN-95-98.TXT.

Please see my additional ideas inline.  Remember who many of our 95/98 users
are, so we need to keep this language pretty basic.

I will wait till the end of the day Monday to push for these two changes to
be committed, so we can hear any additional feedback.

> From: rbb@shell.ntrnet.net [mailto:rbb@shell.ntrnet.net]On Behalf Of
>
> I think I've missed something.  This doesn't really say
> anything new.  I
> think if we are going to replace the WARNING-NT.TXT file, it should be
> with something simple like:
>
> WARNING:  Although the Win32 release of Apache has been brought up to the

s/Apache has been brought up/Apache 2.0 is engineered to/

> same standard as the Unix release, we do not recommend using it on the
> Win9X series in a production environment.  These platforms were not

s/Win9X series/Windows 95 or 98 operating systems/

s/platforms/consumer systems/

> designed as server platforms, and do not support some of the features
> required for a flexible, secure server.  These platforms are
> well suited for testing the server and cgi-scripts.

s/cgi-scripts/developing web sites/
a/Please refer to the file win32-read-me.txt file for more specific
details./