httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Replacement of WARNING.NT with WARNING_WIN_95_98.txt
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2000 05:08:33 GMT
Then if this is what we all want to say, lets say it (I'm still looking
forward to Mr. NT-MPM's thoughts!  Are you out there Bill?)

WARNING:  Although the Win32 release of Apache 2.0 is engineered to the
same standard as the Unix release, we do not recommend using it on the
Windows 95 or 98 operating systems in a production environment.  These
consumer systems were not designed as server platforms, and do not
support some of the features required for a flexible, secure server.
These platforms are well suited for testing the server and developing
web sites.

Please refer to the Apache 2.0 manual pages for more specific details.

> From: rbb@shell.ntrnet.net [mailto:rbb@shell.ntrnet.net]On Behalf Of
> What I read in your readme, is basically a rehash of what has
> already been said in the README
> file, plus the part about not supporting Win9X fully.  Unless we are
> adding something that I have missed to this file, I don't see it as
> necessary.
>
> Ryan

Q to you Ryan and James - is the originally proposed win32-read-me
better dispatched off to the html documentation, then?  I don't want
to clutter the root with too much drivel - but I think there were
some valid details in the 0.13 draft.