httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Kenneth Reeves" <kenneth.ree...@telops.gte.com>
Subject Configuration for Redhat
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
To whom it may concern,
	I am using Redhat 6.0 and did not install Apache with the installation.  I
downloaded Apache 1.3.9 and configured it with the  <--with-layout=RedHat>
option.  This put everything in standard directories for a Redhat
installation.  But when I start it using Apachectl I get an error message
stating it cannot find /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf which is where it
would normally be.  When I start it with the </usr/sbin/httpd -f
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf> I get no message at all and the service is not
started.  I looked through the FAQ and could not find this addressed.  By the
way, I do not know where the httpd.conf file is supposed to go so I put it in
/etc/httpd/conf/ directory.  I don't have any trouble with a standard
installation.
Thanks,
Ken Reeves

--------------E7E9842416E6AB5BD871F367--