httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Woolley" <jwool...@wlu.edu>
Subject rotatelogs file permissions?
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 19:42:13 GMT

Hello all.

   I don't know if this has been discussed before -- if it has, please
point me at the applicable messages.  I couldn't find anything about it
in the CVS history, so I assume no one has ever brought it up.

  I just started using rotatelogs from src/support, and noticed that it
does its open() with initial file permissions for the logs set to 0666.
Why is that?  I'd have assumed it would be 0644.  I changed mine to 0644
in the source and recompiled and it works fine...  <shrug>  As far as I
can tell, it's been 0666 ever since rotatelogs was introduced.

Thoughts?

--Cliff

Cliff Woolley
Central Systems Software Administrator