httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@apache.org
Subject Re: apxs continuing problem
Date Sat, 19 Feb 2000 10:40:49 GMT
> I've been getting reports for probably the past year about a problem in
> APXS. It seems that when it is built, the CFG_LD_SHLIB line ends up empty.
> Something like:
>
> my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = '';        # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
>

> It seems to happen here and there for unknown reasons. I haven't been able
> to find a pattern at all in the reports, nor have I ever seen it myself.
>
> Has anybody ever seen this? Anybody know why?

Oh yeah, I have definitely seen it and PHP even includes an autoconf check
for it along with the broken apxs Redhat distributed with RH-6.1:

  if test "a`$APXS -q LD_SHLIB`" = "a" || test "`$APXS -q LIBEXECDIR`" = "modules"; then
    PHP_APXS_BROKEN=yes
  fi

  if test -n "$PHP_APXS_BROKEN" ; then
    echo "WARNING: Your $APXS script is most likely broken."
    echo ""
    echo "Please go read http://www.php.net/FAQ.php3#4.11 and make the"
    echo "changes described there and try again."
  fi

-Rasmus