httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>
Subject Updated Apache profile sought for WebCompare (fwd)
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2000 00:27:09 GMT

Anyone want to take this one?  Thanks.

	Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:19:13 -0800 (PST)
From: kelly clark <webcompare@yahoo.com>
To: press@apache.org
Subject: Updated Apache profile sought for WebCompare

Hi,

My name is Kelly Clark, and I'm a freelancer at
internet.com's WebCompare site
(http://webcompare.internet.com/). One of WebCompare’s
key features is its profiles of Internet servers.

We are in the process of updating our profiles and
would like to give you the opportunity to update
Apache's features. The current listing can be found
at:
http://webcompare.internet.com/cgi-bin/detail.pl?03_Server=Apache&04_Version=1.3

Please take a few minutes to fill in the form below,
checking off all features and descriptions that apply
to your product.  Feel free to contact me via e-mail
if you need any additional information or have any
questions.

Thank you.

Kelly

WebCompare Registration Form

Server Name: ___________________

Version: __________________

Vendor: ________________________

Operating Systems Supported (check all that apply)
Windows:
(   ) Windows 98
(   ) Windows 95
(   ) Windows CE
(   ) Windows NT
(   ) Windows 3.x
(   ) MS-DOS

Unix
(   ) AIX
(   ) BSDI
(   ) Digital Unix
(   ) FreeBSD
(   ) HPUX
(   ) IRIX
(   ) Linux
(   ) Lynx
(   ) NetBSD
(   ) SCO
(   ) Solaris

Other
(   ) OS/2
(   ) QNX
(   ) Macintosh
(   ) Novell NetWare
(   ) VMS
(   ) Amiga
(   ) AS/400
(   ) VM/CMS
(   ) MVS
(   ) Java_VM
(   ) Be OS
(   ) Embedded

Launching and Logging
(   ) Can listen to multiple addresses and ports
(   ) Supports Non-IP Intensive Virtual Servers
(   ) Can run from inetd (Unix and OS/2 systems only)
(   ) Runs as Windows NT service and/or application
(   ) Logging with syslog (Unix) or Event Log (Windows
NT)
(   ) CERN/NCSA common log format
(   ) Log files can be automatically cycled or
archived
(   ) Normal (hit) log entries can be customized
(   ) Server can generate non-hit log entries (such as
comments)
(   ) CGI scripts can create their own log entries
(   ) Performance measurement logs
(   ) Can generate referer log entries
(   ) Can track individual users in log
(   ) Can write to multiple logs
(   ) Can generate browser log entries
(   ) Can serve different directory roots for
different IP addresses

Protocol Support and Includes
(   ) Automatic response to If-Modified-Since
(   ) Select documents based on Accept header
(   ) Select documents based on User-Agent header
(   ) Includes based on HTML comments
(   ) Includes can be based on request headers
(   ) Server can force includes
(   ) Automatically include any HTTP headers in
(   ) Access to server state variables from CGI or
other scripting
(   ) Has built-in scripting language
(   ) Has built-in image-map handling
(   ) Supports HTTP/1.1 PUT
(   ) Supports HTTP/1.1 byte ranges
(   ) Supports HTTP/1.1 persistent connections
(   ) Understands full URIs in HTTP/1.1 requests
(   ) Non-supported methods can invoke a script
(   ) Supports the Windows CGI interface
(   ) Understands full URIs in HTTP/1.1 requests
(   ) Non-supported methods can invoke a script
(   ) Supports the Windows CGI interface
(   ) Comes with SNMP agent
(   ) Supports Netscape Server API
(   ) Supports Microsoft ISAPI

Name shown in the “Server” response header
_______________________________

Security
(   ) Supports Set
(   ) UID CGI Execution
(   ) Can require password  (Authorization: user)
(   ) Supports SSL v. 2
(   ) Supports SSL v. 3
(   ) Supports S-HTTP
(   ) Supports PCT
(   ) Prohibit access by domain name
(   ) Prohibit access by IP address
(   ) Prohibit access by user and group
(   ) Prohibit access by directory and file
(   ) Configurable user groups (not just a single user
list)
(   ) Can change user access control list without
restarting server
(   ) Can hide part of a document based on security
rules
(   ) Security rules can be based on URLs
(   ) Hierarchical permissions for directory-based
documents
(   ) Integrated certificate server
Default security model for file-based document
_________________________

Additional security features
____________________________________

Other Features
(   ) Multi-Threaded
(   ) GUI-based setup
(   ) GUI-based maintenance
(   ) Remote maintenance
(   ) Real-time performance measurement tools
(   ) Script or action based on output media type
(   ) Also serves other TCP protocols
(   ) Automatic directory tree
(   ) User directories
(   ) Search engine
(   ) Has direct (non-CGI) link to a DBMS
(   ) Includes user interaction tools
(   ) Allows nonblocking DNS
(   ) Has a support mailing list
(   ) Also acts as an HTTP proxy server
(   ) Proxy server also caches
(   ) Includes full source code for server

Type of server-side image maps:
(   ) NCSA
(   ) CERN

URL where more information can be found