httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: htdocs/manual/search/manual-index.cgi
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:44:43 GMT
On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Marc Slemko wrote:

> I don't know that expand.pl belongs is manual/ either.  It isn't great
> that any random user can run this from the web if you enable execution of
> .pl files; sure, it doesn't let them do so much, but the general
> concept...

Well, according to the instructions on what does [not] go into release
tarballs, expand.pl is supposed to be deleted before release anyway
(http://dev.apache.org/how-to-release.html step 11 part 3). It should only
ever exist in the CVS tree itself, NOT in the release tarballs - so this
shouldn't be a problem, IMO.

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Marc Slemko wrote:
>
> > Fortunately, it uses a freaky perl path that won't exist on the vast
> > majority of systems.

True - that should probably be fixed, too.

> > I'm not sure we should be putting CGIs like this in the default doctree
> > anyway... sure, ExecCGI has to be enabled to make it work, but still...

Well, it should never make it into a release tree anyway, and anyone
running CVS builds should presumably know how to fix this??

James.