httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: 2.0 builds, but dumps core on FreeBSD 3.3
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:47:42 GMT

I need to know which call to ap_lock is causing the seg fault.
Unfortunately, I do not currently have access to a FreeBSD machine that I
can do any testing on.  I am hoping to get access to a FreeBSD machine in
a few weeks.  If you can get me either an account on a FreeBSD machine or
a complete trace of the seg fault, I will see what I can do.

Ryan

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Charles Randall wrote:

> Following Bill Stoddard's mini-instructions (sure wish the details were in a
> README or STATUS)...
>
> Using FreeBSD 3.3-R, libtool 1.3.4, m4 1.4, autoconf 2.13 and a fresh copy
> of the apache-2.0 source via rsync,
>
> 	% ./buildconf
> 	% ./configure
> 	% make
>
> results in an "apache" executable using the mpmt_pthread MPM.
>
> Unfortunately, it simply dumps core at startup. For example, trying to get
> the module list with the '-l' (ell) option I get
>
> 	% ./apache -l
> 	Segmentation fault(core dumped)
>
> Running in the debugger,
>
> --- snip ---
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/home/crandall/2.0/apache-2.0/src/apache

> ap_lock (lock=0x0) at locks.c:121
> 121         if (lock->type != APR_CROSS_PROCESS) {
> --- snip ---
>
> Backing off to the prefork MPM by trying,
>
> 	% ./buildconf
> 	% ./configure --with-mpm=prefork
> 	% make
>
> Same thing,
>
> 	% ./apache -l
> 	Segmentation fault(core dumped)
>
> Same place,
>
> --- snip ---
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/home/crandall/2.0/apache-2.0/src/apache

> ap_lock (lock=0x0) at locks.c:121
> 121         if (lock->type != APR_CROSS_PROCESS) {
> --- snip ---
>
> If my build method is totally off-base, someone please post a consistent
> method that we can use for "build-a-thons" on the systems we have available
> to us.
>
> As a side note, shouldn't "make distclean" remove config.status in the mm
> directory?
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Charles

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.