httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: Declaring a pre_config hook in a DSO will cause Apache to segfault
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:46:00 GMT

> I hope we can change this. There are very good reasons to allow MPMs to be
> dynamically loadable.

Such as?

There are very few that I can come up with.  The only reason I can think
of to dynamically load MPM's, is so that one ISP can have difference
clients using different MPM's on different sites, without needing to have
the apache binary compiled multiple times.  While this is a useful thing
to have, I don't think it is an absolute necessity for the first release
of 2.0.

What other reasons am I missing?

If MPM's are dynamically laodable, then we need to either fix the
pre-config hook, or get rid of it altogether.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.