httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: MM
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2000 22:17:53 GMT

Absolutely.  We need to remove the configure script from CVS, and have the
build process always call autoconf and autoheader (if required).  Also, we
need to make sure that the BeOS changes to MM get committed to the REAL MM
tree, not the Apache version.

Because MM is maintained by Ralf, I will let him give his opinion of the
best way to manage changes to MM.  Should we commit to the Apache branch
and assume he'll pick up the changes, or send him e-mail directly?

I would much rather not have to make changes to MM everytime we update the
version APR uses.

Ryan

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, David Reid wrote:

> The MM being included in APR has a configure script already so we don't call
> autoconf before building it.  This seems to be out of line with current
> group policy?  Shouldn't we remove the configure and alter the makefile to
> call autoconf before we build?
>
> It came to light as I made changes to configure.in to get MM running on BeOS
> and of course without running autoconf the changes don't appear!  Doh!
> (Well I was tired...)
>
> d.

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.