httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: [BUG] current apache-2.0 hangs on linux.
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 19:36:09 GMT
>     semget(IPC_PRIVATE, 1, IPC_CREAT|0x180|0600) = 15
>     semctl(15, 0, SETVAL, 0xbffff26c)       = 0
>     semop(0xe, 0x1, 0, 0x80cfdfc
> 				^^^^^^^^and there it simply hangs.
> I assume that the deadlock is caused by lock_inter() but could not
> verify that yet. Is there a way to get apache 2.0 running *EVEN ON
> LINUX* ?!?!

I think I have fixed this problem.  The problem was related to my changing
the locking mechanism for APR last week.  Basically, we have to call
ap_initialize() before we try to use ANY locks in a program.  The reason
for this is that ap_initialize sets up any global variables needed for the
locks.  For example, the op_on and op_off variables for semaphores.  I am
committing this any minute now.  :-)

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.