httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: [dav-dev] Filenames with blanks
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 08:53:53 GMT
On Tue, 1 Feb 2000, Niels Baggesen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have playing around with mod-dav for a while now, and it seems to
> work fine in general.
> One nuisance is when I right-klick in a web folder in Windows selects
> new folder, and it tries to create a folder called "New Folder". It
> consistently fails, with the following message in apaches errorlog:
> [Mon Jan 31 22:52:48 2000] [error] [client] Digest: uri mismatch - </nba-n/New%20Folder>
does not match request-uri </nba-n/New Folder>
> maybe indicating that some string is not properly uri-escape-decoded.
> Any hint as to where this (not) happens?

This is occurring in mod_auth_digest, as part of the digest
authentication. (mod_dav handles spaces just fine)  A temporary workaround
would be to switch to basic auth -- less secure, but it should work

I don't have a suggested fix right now, but I've copied the Apache
developer list and the current module maintainer.

Greg Stein,

View raw message