httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 14:25:51 GMT
On 3 Feb 2000 jim@hyperreal.org wrote:

> jim         00/02/03 06:22:36
>
>   Modified:    htdocs/manual/mod core.html directives.html
>                src      CHANGES
>                src/main http_core.c
>   Log:
>   Streamline the AddDefaultCharset directive. Now this one directive
>   controls the entire 'charset' specification setup. If there is
>   heartburn, I have no trouble with backing this out, but it makes
>   live easier for those not using the "default" charset, and reduces
>   directive bloat a bit :)

Is the use of "AddDefaultCharset default" perhaps a bit confusing
because it refers to two different defaults?  The first one is a
default if there is no charset, the second is a default charset.
Plus an implict third that it could refer to, which is the default
setting of the directive?

(I'm not saying back it out; if I wanted to -1 it I would have)