httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: AddDefaultCharset
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 01:11:24 GMT
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I'm wondering... maybe we could streamline AddDefaultCharset and
> AddDefaultCharsetName. Just have AddDefaultCharset which
> defines the default charset to include. For none, we specify
> AddDefaultCharset None. So one directive replaces the two.

<shrug>

I prefer two directives because I find overloading a single one to be
unnecessarily messy and confusing.  Most sites that use this only have to
set "AddDefaultCharset on", since most sites can use the default charset
just fine.

I will say the directive names suck, but I had trouble thinking of better
ones.  Or thinking at all for that matter... <g>