httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: mod_mmap_static translation hook is never called
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2000 04:44:53 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

>Yes, I know why mod_mmap needs the hook.

That was more for my own benefit -- thinking it through out loud...

>I don't want to add an extra hook either. I was hoping for a
>breakthrough in-sight. Bleh, it's as bad as I thought...

Yeah.

It occured to me later that the directory walking stuff which happens
around this point would need to be abstracted out if you wanted to use
a non-filesystem document store like a database or (!) mod_mmap_static.
It's still a bit pie in the sky but it makes the extra hook look less
pointless.

Tony.
--