httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: mod_mmap_static translation hook is never called
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:32:40 GMT
"Bill Stoddard" <stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com> wrote:

>There is a bug here but I'm not sure of the proper way to fix it.
>[...] mod_mmap depend on mod_core being run before it is run to set
>the r->filename field. In Apache 1.3, mod_mmap_static calls
>core_translate directly (and we can do the same here, but it's such
>an ugly hack...). How should this work with the new hooks?

What mod_mmap_static wants is an extra hook between filename
translation and the directory walking because only at that point it is
able to say "I know about that file!" and short-circuit all the
stat()s. A more general information cacheing system would hook in
there too; I don't know whether this is enough argument for adding
another hook.

Tony.
--