httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: mod_proxy: proposal for v2.0
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2000 02:15:41 GMT
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:

>What I had in mind was an entirely new module. RFC 2616 calls a reverse
>proxy a "gateway", so I figured I would copy the existing code to
>mod_gateway and try a clean implementation, using the existing one as a
>guide.

Would it be feasible to split the proxy stuff into three parts: a
common client back end (which would have sub-parts for http/ftp/etc.),
and two middle ends for proxying and gatewaying that interface to
Apache's core (i.e. the front-end)? That could bring the whole thing
closer to Dean's http router concept.

Tony.
--