httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Patch via Bug DB
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2000 21:37:34 GMT
It has been pointed out to me that I can get the same effect by plugging
into fixup instead of type_checker. Thus, based on your message, it seems to
me that changing this in Apache v1 can't possibly be worth the confusion it
might generate. (Though, I would note, the author of mod_mime_magic.c
carefully coded it to avoid stepping on an existing setting of content_type,
as if he expected this behavior.)

Could I make and offer a 2.x patch for this? (For 2.x, I wonder if the
content type and the charset modifier to it might be treated as two separate
items. However, that would be a complex set of changes, while simply running
all the type_checkers would allow the basic idea here.)

Another related issue: It seems a shame, from a performance standpoint, for
various modules to be individually opening the file and reading from it. I
wonder if it would make sense for the core to read out a bunch of initial
bytes and pass them along the chain for any module to examine?