httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Randall <crand...@matchlogic.com>
Subject 2.0 builds, but dumps core on FreeBSD 3.3
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:01:38 GMT
Following Bill Stoddard's mini-instructions (sure wish the details were in a
README or STATUS)...

Using FreeBSD 3.3-R, libtool 1.3.4, m4 1.4, autoconf 2.13 and a fresh copy
of the apache-2.0 source via rsync,

	% ./buildconf
	% ./configure
	% make

results in an "apache" executable using the mpmt_pthread MPM.

Unfortunately, it simply dumps core at startup. For example, trying to get
the module list with the '-l' (ell) option I get

	% ./apache -l
	Segmentation fault(core dumped)

Running in the debugger,

--- snip ---
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/home/crandall/2.0/apache-2.0/src/apache

ap_lock (lock=0x0) at locks.c:121
121         if (lock->type != APR_CROSS_PROCESS) {
--- snip ---

Backing off to the prefork MPM by trying,

	% ./buildconf
	% ./configure --with-mpm=prefork
	% make

Same thing,

	% ./apache -l
	Segmentation fault(core dumped)

Same place,

--- snip ---
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/home/crandall/2.0/apache-2.0/src/apache

ap_lock (lock=0x0) at locks.c:121
121         if (lock->type != APR_CROSS_PROCESS) {
--- snip ---

If my build method is totally off-base, someone please post a consistent
method that we can use for "build-a-thons" on the systems we have available
to us.

As a side note, shouldn't "make distclean" remove config.status in the mm
directory?

Suggestions?

Charles