httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: [Patch] Content-Location headers stripped by reverse proxy
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2000 07:41:29 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> I think if you want any chance of this kind of thing being accepted
> you're going to have to make a general purpose "strip these headers when
> proxying" thing. I certainly can't see us always stripping
> Content-Location simply because some phone companies can't implement
> their browsers correctly.

During reverse proxy behaviour I believe the Content-Location header
should be stripped anyway, because it contains incorrect information
once it reaches the browser.

> Have you submitted a patch for the WAP phones? Oh, no, silly me. No
> source. Shucks.

Hehehe.

Yes I have. I have spent a number of weeks trying to track down someone
in the development team responsible for the phone in question.
Unfortunately the only responses I have got back so far are mails with
me CC'ed on them saying "do you know who this should go to? Do you? Or
do you?".

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon