httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@elmar.co.il>
Subject Re: Slashdotted... (Regarding Apache (un)friendliness)
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:25:43 GMT
Blue Lang wrote:

> I believe that /. is the worst of all possible places to get a reasonable
> opinion on just about anything. In my equally embittered opinion, all of
> the comments you posted were typical, uninformed tripe - the type of
> opinions that people who manage small sites, mostly for themselves, would
> be expected to hold - and usually self-invalidating, since most of the
> things they're talking about configuring don't actually require any
> configuration.

Oops, forgot to write it: The URLs I mentioned, were selected after
a very strict filtering. All of them are expressed clearly, and
raise real drawbacks of Apache. Of course, that thread (in Slashdot)
was full of junk and trolls, as always. But in any junk you may find
valued comments which should be read carefully, to find what can be
improved, instead of just ignoring them saying that Slashdot is a
bad source.

And don't forget that some of the comments mention discussions which
were done here in the last days.

--
Eli Marmor