httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Syntax for Apache (was XML etc.)
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2000 06:04:00 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:

> I see that we don't agree in 100%, and there may be serious
> considerations for both sides, but I wouldn't include the following
> in them:
>
> > Andway the idea is basically the same I posted except IMO you are using
> > obsolete technologies.
>
> because it reminds me what Microsoft has to say about Linux:
>
> "based on UNIX, an obsolete 30 years old technology..."  ;-)
>
> And meanwhile, all of us edit our conf files by hand...
> (it may be good for us, but not for new users).

So that is not what I meant.  Microsoft believes in closed source,
revolutionary software development... which leads to bad code.... very
bad code that is prone to security problems.

XML is just the next evolution.  It will allow us to get this done about
20% faster and I think a lot of people would rather work with this
technology.

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton