httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@relativity.yi.org>
Subject Re: Configuration Syntax for Apache (was XML etc.)
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:37:51 GMT
Eli Marmor wrote:

> [In this message, "configuration" refers only to httpd.conf
> / htaccess, and not to the build process]
>
> For a long time, I have an interesting idea how to improve the
> configuration of Apache, but was afraid to raise it (I'm afraid of
> disagreement" and other flames...). I heard too many complaints
> regarding the conservative opinions of ASF, and was influenced.

The environment here is good.  Don't worry about getting flamed and
shaking the boat.  It is a good thing.

Andway the idea is basically the same I posted except IMO you are using
obsolete technologies.

It really needs to be:

Apache HTTP XML Schema and existing httpd.conf -> Swing GUI -> User
configures system -> httpd.xml -> XSLT -> httpd.conf

That is the correct technical architecture IMO.  As soon as I get
JetSpeed 1.0 I am going to hack this out.

Kevin

--

Kevin A Burton
http://relativity.yi.org