httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwba...@acm.org>
Subject 2.0: Last request in a keepalive causes "URI too long" in log
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2000 05:59:13 GMT
Howdy,

I downloaded from-cvs 2.0 sources today to take a whack at writing an
Apache 2.0 module.  I found that when I make keep-alive requests,
closing the socket from the client side generates a "URI too long"
message in the apache_error_log.  This is with the mpm-thread-linux
build option.  A good way to demonstrate the problem is "ab -n 100 -c 5
-k http://localhost:8080/index.html".  ap_bgets seems to get 8192 null
characters from read_with_errors, which generates the error in
read_request_line.

But I was expecting a lot of problems with this code.  What I really
want to know is how people are debugging this beast, on Linux
particularly.  What tools do I need to step through threaded code?  I
realize this is basic but I honestly haven't found a lot of useful
information on the subject.  When I try to attach to a thread with GDB,
the thread becomes defunct.  When I try to attach to a parent process,
all of the threads become detached.

Shall I use a dreaded snapshot version of GDB?

Cheers,
Jeffrey