httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Smith <...@iii.co.uk>
Subject 1.3.6 -> 1.3.11 giving problems
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:15:30 GMT
I'm finally getting round to upgrading our servers from 1.3.6 to 1.3.11,
and we've had a couple of problems relating to our reverse proxy setup.
Firstly we found that ProxyPass directives ceased to work (or at least
in the same way they used to), though I got round this by using various
forms of RewriteRule ... [P] instead (sorry if I missed something in the
docos here)  Secondly, and less easily resolved is that the machines I
am proxying to gives this error for some of the pages:

[Thu Feb  3 17:46:52 2000] [error] [client 10.0.0.6] Client sent
malformed Host header

If I make a request to the server directly, with the equivalent
URL I don't see a problem and I also don't see the problem for every
request that is passed to this server (and I'm currently trying to work
out what is the difference between those that work and those that
don't).

Apart from this, mod_proxy is running beautifully for our approx 2mil
dynamic pages per day - looking forward to finding out about
mod_backhand at ApacheCon.

Anyone else seen this?  Any ideas?

Mike