httpd-dev mailing list archives

From vinod.me...@beasys.com (Vinod Mehra)
Subject Locking critical section in an apache module?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:26:34 GMT
Hi,

How do we achieve serialization of concurrent threads which need access to
global data? How do we lock and unlock critical sections? I am looking
for something equivalent of  NSAPI's crit_int(), crit_enter(), crit_exit()
in Apache.

The documentation says that apache provides a cross-paltform API for
implementing data mutex locking. (ap_acquire_mutex() etc). But I guess at
this
point of time it has been implemented only for Win32. I am interested to
see if the
implementeation is available of the  UNIX versions of Apache too. If not
when will it be
available? Do we have any alternative at this point of time?

TIA,
Vinod.