httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Vote for Al Gore :) (he runs Apache!)
Date Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:56:38 GMT
Kevin A. Burton wrote:

> Don't vote for Al Gore because he invented the Internet... vote for him
> because:
>
> www.algore2000.com is running Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) secured_by_Raven/1.4.2
> PHP/4.0b3 on Linux
>
> vs
>
> www.georgewbush.com is running Microsoft-IIS/4.0 on NT4 or Windows 98
>
> ha!
>
> It is funny that Al Gore runs on Apache/Linux and Bush runs on IIS/NT.
> Kind of lays the OS/Web Server philosophies out nicely.

Except

 (1) There was that silly "This site is open source" stuff when
     he misunderstood that "clever people" looking at the HTML
     source does not constitute Open Source.
 (2) At that time, while proclaiming the virtues of Open Source,
     his site was running.... wait for it.... NT! And he was
     summarily slammed because of that.

Note: I use "he" liberally here. I doubt if Al Gore had any idea
      what his site designers and implementors were really doing.

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"