httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: help please
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:38:31 GMT
On the plane; have time to read e-mail. Yay!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 06:40:04PM -0600, Igor Kovalenko wrote:
> I'm writing a patch to execute CGIs using POSIX (draft) spawn() syscall
> instead of fork+exec. That is very similar to CGI's handling on Win32
> and OS/2 and should provide better performance where available.

Funky. I would imagine this wouldn't help performance that much,
though, since the overhead of starting the whole new process would
dwarf any system call overhead savings. But I have no data to back
that up.

> My problem is, I keep getting "document contains do data" from Netscape
> browser when I try to execute a script. Nothing is in error_log or in
> access_log. The script is indeed being executed and I've verified that
> data are coming from the server side of pipe.

Attach a debugger to the processes to see what calls they are hanging
or dying in.

> Can someone imagine what could be messed up to produce such effect?
> What that message means technically?

I believe that Netscape is seeing the connection close before
receiving any headers, which would be consistent with the CGI's pipes
not being set up correctly.