httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: MM
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 07:22:11 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10002061714270.19313-100000@shell.ntrnet.net> you wrote:

> Absolutely.  We need to remove the configure script from CVS, and have the
> build process always call autoconf and autoheader (if required).  Also, we
> need to make sure that the BeOS changes to MM get committed to the REAL MM
> tree, not the Apache version.
>
> Because MM is maintained by Ralf, I will let him give his opinion of the
> best way to manage changes to MM.  Should we commit to the Apache branch
> and assume he'll pick up the changes, or send him e-mail directly?
>
> I would much rather not have to make changes to MM everytime we update the
> version APR uses.

Yes, please let me incorporate the Apache patches to MM directly in my
official MM CVS repository to make sure they are not lost. You should
always send me the patches by E-Mail so I recognize that I have to do
something.

Additionally you could also commit it directly to the Apache CVS
repository and let me pick them up there, _BUT ONLY_ if MM in the Apache
CVS stays on a vendor branch and one really can see the Apache changes
by doing a diff against the vendor branch. I've not the time to diff
particular files to find out the changes manually, of course. Currently
it looks that MM was not imported to the vendor branch with a MM_X_X_X
tag, right? Additionally the MM in APR is not up-to-date (it's 1.0.8
while 1.0.12 is the current version).

So, I would appreciate the following: Remove src/lib/apr/shmem/unix/mm/
from the Apache CVS tree (rm -rf!) and re-import MM 1.0.12 with a
release tag MM_1_0_12 and a vendor (= branch) tag RSE again to this
location. Then apply all Apache changes and every time a MM release
comes out simply re-import it again as MM_1_0_XX to this location and
your changes will magically get merged in. Additionally I can easily see
the Apache changes against my version with a simple "cvs diff -rRSE"
and this way know easily what I should incorporate into MM for the next
release to make your life easier. Opinions?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com