httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Bug Report 5671 - CGI Deadlock
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2000 07:10:12 GMT

In article <E12HeBL-0002mH-00@fanf.eng.demon.net> you wrote:
> Dean Gaudet <dgaudet@arctic.org> wrote:
>>
>>it's ironic this topic is coming up right now... i just got my hands on
>>the early bind9 code and they've got a really nice async i/o abstraction
>>in it which could be used to build a really nice proxy.  the pieces are
>>coming together :)
>
> Is it different from Bind8's eventlib? I've written a simple
> concurrent HTTP client using that, and it's quite nice, especially
> compared to the internals of Squid.

No, the old BIND8 eventlib seems to be no longer part of BIND9. At least
I've poked around in the source for an hour at the weekend and wasn't
able to find it. Instead it seems BIND9 now goes the multi-threading way
of Pthreads. Dean, where can I find the async I/O abstraction stuff in
BIND9? I want to poke around in it, too.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com