httpd-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <>
Subject Re: c'mon guys :)
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2000 18:56:29 GMT

In article <> you wrote:

> It seems that everyone agrees that 1.3.12 should be out soon, but we're
> _still_ getting commits. I thought the entire idea was that 1.3.12 be
> a release that was little more than 1.3.11 with the css patch applied.
> Heck, we even talked about backing out all changes so that 1.3.12
> would be _exactly just_ 1.3.11 with the patch.

As already suggested, if 1.3.12 should be just 1.3.11 with the css patch
(what I personally would not appreciate), then simply branch off at
APACHE_1_3_11 and merge the patch to this branch and release this as
1.3.12. The comitts to HEAD should be no problem if you really want
1.3.12 to just be 1.3.11+css. Don't back the comitted stuff out from
HEAD, please. That's not necessary IMHO. A simple and short branching
should be sufficient then...

> Unless the patch is specifically in support of the css issue, hold
> off on commiting it. I declare the tree closed :)

I've stropped comitting now, as you told us in STATUS ;)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall

View raw message