httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_core.c
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 16:24:19 GMT
'AddDefaultCharset default' is the exact same as the "old"
'AddDefaultCharset On' directive. 'AddDefaultCharset None' is
the exact same as the old 'AddDefaultCharset Off'. 'AddDefaultCharset foo-bar'
is the exact same as the old 'AddDefaultCharset On;
AddDefaultCharsetName foo-bar'.

I can see the confusion with 'AddDefaultCharset Default' not being
the same as the "default" value when AddDefaultCharset isn't
set... Basically, I was looking for an easy way to enable it and
default it without the user having to type the iso-xxxx stuff.
But AddDefaultCharset On looked too binary.

Marc Slemko wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2000 jim@hyperreal.org wrote:
>
> > jim         00/02/03 06:22:36
> >
> >   Modified:    htdocs/manual/mod core.html directives.html
> >                src      CHANGES
> >                src/main http_core.c
> >   Log:
> >   Streamline the AddDefaultCharset directive. Now this one directive
> >   controls the entire 'charset' specification setup. If there is
> >   heartburn, I have no trouble with backing this out, but it makes
> >   live easier for those not using the "default" charset, and reduces
> >   directive bloat a bit :)
>
> Is the use of "AddDefaultCharset default" perhaps a bit confusing
> because it refers to two different defaults?  The first one is a
> default if there is no charset, the second is a default charset.
> Plus an implict third that it could refer to, which is the default
> setting of the directive?
>
> (I'm not saying back it out; if I wanted to -1 it I would have)

                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"