httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Apache 2.0 DSO...
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 00:43:26 GMT
Do we really want to register a module cleanup (for unloading DSOs) in the
pconf pool?  I'm seeing a segfault because of this.  _hooks.link_pre_config
(and it's elements) are allocated from the global process pool.
ap_read_config loads the DSOs and adds entries to the table. Then, we call
ap_clear_pool(pconf), which proceeds to unload the DSOs (and invalidates all
the pointers in _hooks.link_pre_config). The second call to
ap_run_pre_config seg faults because all the pointers are bad.

Bill Stoddard stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>