httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject Mirror site discussion - another thought...
Date Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:35:41 GMT
I just tossed out a 1.3.12 notice in the windows forum for the Win32
binaries availablity, and wanted to note how the mirror sites reflect the
path specs.

I noticed that http://dolemite.toronto.com/apache/dist/binaries/win32/
is so far out of date that it doesn't include the 1.3.11 build.

Not picking on this one mirror, but would it make sense to run a bot
periodically against our 'proscribed' list of mirrors, and single out those
that are > one week/month/year out of date?

Bill

pps obviously some push-pull mechanism will alievate some of this, tho not
all mirror operators may be willing to use such a method.