httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject TransferLog + Filenames with blanks
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2000 05:16:54 GMT
That reminds me (thanks) that if we get rotatelogs.exe functioning under
NT - the config notes MUST state that blanks in names (or quoted names) will
NOT work - they must use the tilde'd (8.3) equiv for the path and file spec
(not too much of a hardship - it's the admin we are talking about, not the
html author or user!)

(ie. C:\Progra~1\Apache~1\Apache\logs\logfilenamemaybelongjustnospaces)

It would be nice to throw an .exe of rotatelogs at them, since most won't
have a compiler (some days that wintel world seems just kinda nuts).