httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject Missed shareware/freeware product of interest to the NT community?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2000 07:32:45 GMT
In reference to your resource page:

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/exec/vendors/freeshare/Web.asp

I would politely suggest that the following product might be of some
interest to the Windows NT community...

http://www.apache.org/httpd.html

Apache Web Server (current version 1.3.11) for Windows 95/98/NT.

In the details section, I would encourage you to offer the following
disclaimer, as written by the Apache Group:

WARNING: The Win32 release of Apache should still be considered beta quality
code.  It does not meet the normal standards of stability and security that
Unix releases do.  There are numerous known bugs and inconsistencies.  There
is also a much greater chance of security holes being present in the Win32
version of Apache.