httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>
Subject RE: Bug Report 5671 - CGI Deadlock
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2000 23:29:04 GMT
> >2) Is it 'legal' to be transmitting the http result to the
> >   client, while the client isn't done transmitting the request?
>
> Yes, you just need to be careful not to close the connection before
> the recipient has a chance to ack the response packet and that ack
> is received by the server (hence, lingering close).
>
> ....Roy

Let me rephrase - is it 'legal' to BEGIN transmitting the http result
while the client is still trasmitting their request?  (Yes - I
know that sounds odd, but I need to determine if the workaround is
immediate transmit of response data - or some alternate queuing
method to ensure the two streams don't deadlock).

Thx,

Bill