httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Proposals for Improvements in International Character Support
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2000 00:20:46 GMT
hi,

i think this would do better as a separate module perhaps.  mod_mime
should be viewed as static extension -> mime foo mappings.  so for
mod_mime to support different charsets on disk it'd require folks to name
things foo.html.utf-8 or othersomesuch.

what you're proposing would require mod_mime to read the first few bytes
of each file... making it more dynamic.

Dean