httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/include http_core.h
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:30:16 GMT

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Ah, gotcha. It still niggles at me that it always seems to come down to
> void *s, though.

hrm... which aspect of void * is troublesome?

the typelessness bothers me a bit.

the array of void *'s for module per_dir and per_server configs bothers me
in that it wastes memory.  an array of atoms wouldn't bother me so much --
because an atom is allocated for each module/group of modules that wish to
attach data to the structure.  (whereas right now we allocate a void * for
each module regardless of whether they use it or not)

but none of those bother me as much as #ifdefs :)

i'm not an OO person.  how would you do this sort of dynamic extension in
an OO language?

Dean