httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Sat, 29 Jan 2000 03:00:32 GMT
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:46:32PM -0500, wrote:
> > Okay, I've looked into the whole HSREGEX issue now.  I don't see a real
> > problem.  As long as we always include ap_config.h before we include
> > httpd.h, this is defined correctly.  This may not work for external
> > modules like php that may try to use thid definition.  I need to look into
> > this still.  I am about to commit code to fix this so that AP_USE_HSREGEX
> > is defined correctly on all platforms.
> Is there a problem with the solution I sent out last week?

I wouldn't know, I didn't get that message.  :-)  At least, I don't
remember getting it.

> All our regex functions should be ap_ wrapped, hence always exported
> by Apache, so we won't need an AP_USE_HSREGEX in the first place.

That doesn't fix the underlying problem.  There are macros that are
generated by autoconf that we can't export, but which all modules need.
When I return from SF, I am going to look into creating a module specific
header file.

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

Ryan Bloom
2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.

View raw message