httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:46:32 GMT

Okay, I've looked into the whole HSREGEX issue now.  I don't see a real
problem.  As long as we always include ap_config.h before we include
httpd.h, this is defined correctly.  This may not work for external
modules like php that may try to use thid definition.  I need to look into
this still.  I am about to commit code to fix this so that AP_USE_HSREGEX
is defined correctly on all platforms.

For Windows, we still just make this defintion in the hand-generated
configuration header file.

Ryan

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Brian Havard wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:32:37 -0500 (EST), rbb@apache.org wrote:
>
> >httpd.h can not include any config header file because those header files
> >aren't public, but httpd.h is.
>
> Err, httpd.h contains:
>
> /* Regexes */
> #ifdef AP_USE_HSREGEX
> #include "hsregex.h"
> #else
> #include <regex.h>
> #endif
>
> but as far as I can see, AP_USE_HSREGEX is only defined in ap_config_auto.h
> I think someone's a bit confused (besides me that is).
>
> Shouldn't --enable-hsregex be the default if no system regex is found?
>
> --
>  |  Brian Havard                 |  "He is not the messiah!                   |
>  |  brianh@kheldar.apana.org.au  |  He's a very naughty boy!" - Life of Brian |

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.