httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sendrecv.c
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:46:37 GMT
I don't remember if I replied to this lready or not.  I have investigated
this, and I can't see why HAVE_SOCKLEN_T isn't being defined on Solaris.
It is being defined correctly on Linux.  I don't currently have access to
a Solaris machine.  If I can get an account on one soon, I'll fix this.
If not, it will have to wait until I can find a Solaris box.

Ryan

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Dale Ghent wrote:

> On 26 Jan 2000 stoddard@hyperreal.org wrote:
>
> | stoddard    00/01/25 21:01:19
> |
> |   Modified:    src/os/unix iol_socket.c
> |                src/lib/apr/network_io/unix sendrecv.c
>
> Since you're working on apr stuff, There's one compile problem that stops
> 2.0 from building on at least Solaris 2.7. The "HAVE_SOCKLEN_T" #define is
> not making it's way into src/lib/apr/include/apr_config.h. Solaris does
> indeed have this typedef, and the lack of "#define HAVE_SOCKLEN_T 1" is
> causing the !define at the bottom to kick in, redefining socklen_t, and
> thus causing gcc to revolt in disgust:
>
> gcc -DSOLARIS2=270 -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS  -D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS
> -D_REENTRANT -pthreads   -c -I../include -I../misc/unix apr_snprintf.c
> In file included from apr_snprintf.c:77:
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:56: conflicting types for `socklen_t'
> ../include/apr_config.h:354: previous declaration of `socklen_t'
> make[5]: *** [apr_snprintf.o] Error 1
>
> The interesting thing is that, from looking at the config.status output,
> the test for socklen_t was successful, but unfortunately, my
> autoconf/header-fu is not at the level I'd like it to be, and after
> looking at acconfig.h, aclocal.m4, and configure.in, I can't for the life
> of me find the reason why HAVE_SOCKLEN_T isnt being put in apr_config.h
> when autoheader generates it during the initial configure. Yes, I am using
> GNU m4, and not /usr/ccs/bin/m4.
>
> Thoughts?
> /dale

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.