httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/lib/apr/threadproc/win32 proc.c
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:14:56 GMT
>   Fix some return codes and leave the new process handle open. In general,
>   the parent process should explicitly close the handle if it does not need
>   it. And Apache requires the handle for free_proc_chain clean-up processing.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>        if (CreateProcess(NULL, cmdline, NULL, NULL, TRUE, 0, pEnvBlock, attr->currdir,

>                          &attr->si, &(*new)->pi)) {
>   -        if (attr->detached) {
>   -            CloseHandle((*new)->pi.hProcess);
>   -        }
>            if (attr->child_in) {
>                ap_close(attr->child_in);
>            }

If we want to keep the process handle open, shouldn't we just be not
opening the file detached?  I don't have the answer with me, but ISTR a
peice of code from Apache 1.3 (or somewhere) that closed the handle when
detaching the process.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.