httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy: proposal for v2.0
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2000 09:22:57 GMT
As I stated during the previous thread...

I would like to see the removal of the forward-proxy code (saving on
continued maintenance); we can easily refer people to other proxy code,
such as Squid.

Other features that can be trimmed are fine with me. But hey... your call
on what you'd like to do. I'll support any reduction in this area because
I believe it is somewhat duplicative of other open-source efforts.

I recall the prior discussion did come up with a few design points (such
as a general page cache and generalized remote page fetching).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/