httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: sendfile fun
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2000 12:10:09 GMT
On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> The storage allocated out of sock->cntxt will not be freed until the socket
> is freed, which is non deterministic in the general case. Thus, it could
> give the appearance of leaking memory on persistent connections.

Is this really a problem?  Persistent connections still have an enforced
time limit.  Even if the user opens the connection and slowly requests
small amounts of data, that connection will get timed out if we wait long
enough (at least I thought it did).  If it is a persistent connection and
no data is requested, that connection too gets timed out.  I believe those
timeouts are under 5 minutes.  That means that even if it gives the
appearance of a memory leak, that leak isn't actually there, and the
appearance should only remain for the timeout period.

Ryan

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.