httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@apache.org
Subject Re: ap_ac_config.h, os.h & ap_config_auto*.h
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2000 21:02:55 GMT

APR does not leak any macros.  APR has a small set of macros that it
defines for external consumption.  Those macros are namespace protected,
so they are safe.  APR does not touch HSREGEX, because the group decided
it shouldn't have anything to do with regex libraries.  Leakage refers to
macros that are defined publicly and not namespace protected.  APR has
none of those anymore.

Ryan

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I may not be understanding this correctly... certainly there are
> some things that APR "must" leak and Apache needs to be aware
> of. A separate header file, maybe, that APR creates called
> apr_leak.h perhaps? And they would be things like
>
> 	#define APR_USES_HSREGEX 1
>
> things like that?
>
> I'll go away now :)

Conference!!!   <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

2121 Stonehenge Dr. Apt #3
Raleigh, NC 27615		Ryan Bloom -- thinker, adventurer, artist,
				     writer, but mostly, friend.